Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Limitation of the number of open tabs in Safari.

I paid a lot of money for an iPhone. Why am I forced to be limited by the number of open tabs in the browser? Unused tabs require incredible resources to keep them open? As far as I understand in technical aspects, these are just string in a file or files in a folder. It turns out that Safari is not able to contain more than 500 files or strings? What is the reason for this restriction??!

I have no desire to close an open tab every time - I opened it and forgot. Also, I have no desire to close all previously opened tabs - suddenly something opened earlier will be useful to me, then it will be easier to find it in my tabs than on the Internet.

Effective use is when you do not need to do actions that you do not need to do. Because of someone's creative decision, I am forced to count and process each of my tabs.

I demand to implement the possibility of canceling such a restriction. This is a simple option in the browser settings.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on May 10, 2022 10:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 1:20 PM

2epeat wrote:

I demand to implement the possibility of canceling such a restriction. This is a simple option in the browser settings.

This is a user-to-user forum. No one participating here can make the changes you want. Apple also doesn't read here for suggestions or feedback. However, you can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, there are other browsers available in the App Store that might better meet your needs.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 1:20 PM in response to 2epeat

2epeat wrote:

This is a user-to-user forum. No one participating here can make the changes you want. Apple also doesn't read here for suggestions or feedback. However, you can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, there are other browsers available in the App Store that might better meet your needs.

May 10, 2022 3:20 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thank you, Idris!

Other browsers are not native to iOS, and therefore cannot work humanly and fully.

For example, I came across something similar when I found out about the inferiority of the Russian layout of the native keyboard (there is no Skype in it and a lot of characters are inconveniently located) and installed Yandex.Keyboard. It works, solves the disadvantages of the native one, but also eliminates some of its advantages due to the impossibility of native integration. As you know, swipe in any language has been working anywhere except Apple for several years. And these are very strange cringes on the part of designers.

I feel indignation, it seems to me that developers literally spit on their users in these and similar cases. For example, in limiting the number of tabs. Just for a second, how could such a thought even come to mind?

I will write to them, thank you again.

PS. They have a limit on the number of characters in the feedback.

*facepalm*

May 10, 2022 3:35 PM in response to 2epeat

2epeat wrote:

Thank you, Idris!

Other browsers are not native to iOS, and therefore cannot work humanly and fully.

All browser use the built in Webkit and will work just fine. Ii have no idea what you mean by "humanly", though.

For example, I came across something similar when I found out about the inferiority of the Russian layout of the native keyboard (there is no Skype in it and a lot of characters are inconveniently located) and installed Yandex.Keyboard.

Why would Skype be built into a keyboard?

PS. They have a limit on the number of characters in the feedback.
*facepalm*

Learning to organize your thoughts and present them cogently and succinctly is a skill that will stand you in good stead throughout your life.

Limitation of the number of open tabs in Safari.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.