Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Groupchats

I'm making a group chat, and everybody has an iPhone or iCloud. Even before I put the contacts with iCloud emails, I just put two iPhone numbers, and it turns into an MMS group chat. Then, on my friend's phone, she was getting messages, but nothing was sent to me. She also had an iMessage group chat and could add people, and I can't. What's wrong and how do I fix it?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on May 10, 2022 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 1:08 PM

Hey there,

Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.

If you’re in a group message and stop receiving messages, check to see if you left the conversation. Open Messages and tap the group message. If you see a message that says you left the conversation, then either you left the conversation or you were removed from the group message. You can rejoin a group message only if someone in the group adds you.

To start a new group message:

1. Open Messages and tap the Compose button .
  2. Enter the phone numbers or email addresses of your contacts.
  3. Type your message, then tap the Send button .

If you have other issues with a group message, you might need to delete the conversation and start a new one. To delete a group message:

1. Open Messages and find the conversation that you want to delete.
  2. Swipe left over the conversation.
  3. Tap Delete.

When you delete a message, you can't recover it. If you want to save parts of a message, take a screenshot. To save an attachment in a message, tap the Download button . The photo or image will be saved to your Library in the Photos app.

For more info ☞ If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

~

See ☞ Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 1:08 PM in response to oceanwaves04

Hey there,

Check your network connection. To send a message as iMessage or MMS, you need a cellular data or Wi-Fi connection. To send an SMS message, you need cellular network connection. If you turn on Wi-Fi Calling, you can send SMS messages over Wi-Fi.

If you’re in a group message and stop receiving messages, check to see if you left the conversation. Open Messages and tap the group message. If you see a message that says you left the conversation, then either you left the conversation or you were removed from the group message. You can rejoin a group message only if someone in the group adds you.

To start a new group message:

1. Open Messages and tap the Compose button .
  2. Enter the phone numbers or email addresses of your contacts.
  3. Type your message, then tap the Send button .

If you have other issues with a group message, you might need to delete the conversation and start a new one. To delete a group message:

1. Open Messages and find the conversation that you want to delete.
  2. Swipe left over the conversation.
  3. Tap Delete.

When you delete a message, you can't recover it. If you want to save parts of a message, take a screenshot. To save an attachment in a message, tap the Download button . The photo or image will be saved to your Library in the Photos app.

For more info ☞ If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

~

See ☞ Send a group text message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Groupchats

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.