Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 13.1.2 will not allow me to permanently delete a website that appears in Preferences

A website that I looked at 4 years ago shows up as "Currently Open Websites" yet is not open on any of my devices. Preferences will not let me remove it from (moving bottom to top):

1) Pop-up Windows

2) Downloads

3) Location

4) Screen Sharing

5) Microphone

6) Camera

7) Page Zoom

8) Auto-Play

9) Reader

I've done lots of searches. I've 'erased' it from Keychain Access files. It doesn't exist anywhere that I can find on my computer. I've emptied Caches in Develop/Empty Caches.

I have a Mac Mini (2012) thus High Sierra and Safari 13.1.2 are the latest versions I can install.

Please help me get rid of this dance clothing/dance shoe website. As soon as I found out its international location, I immediately got off of the website and deleted its history and caches.

Eve

Mac mini, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 10, 2022 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 12:37 PM

Uh oh,

Dominic23 or anyone else,

I need your help! Safari is part of the OS so I can't remove it and reinstall.

How can I steam clean this old version of Safari? I've got to get rid of that website "jjshouse."

As I mentioned in the first question it remains in 9 General sections, even though it is NOT currently Open and it has NOT been opened for at least 4 years and jjshouse has been "removed" and deleted at least 6 times in each of the 9 sections. HELP!

I just bought a new M1 Mac Mini and don't want this website to migrate over in any way, shape or form.

Eve

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 12:37 PM in response to DaphneWay

Uh oh,

Dominic23 or anyone else,

I need your help! Safari is part of the OS so I can't remove it and reinstall.

How can I steam clean this old version of Safari? I've got to get rid of that website "jjshouse."

As I mentioned in the first question it remains in 9 General sections, even though it is NOT currently Open and it has NOT been opened for at least 4 years and jjshouse has been "removed" and deleted at least 6 times in each of the 9 sections. HELP!

I just bought a new M1 Mac Mini and don't want this website to migrate over in any way, shape or form.

Eve

May 13, 2022 12:25 PM in response to dominic23

Dominic23,

Launching Safari holding down the Shift key made the unwanted website disappear... until I restarted it again. It is back with a vengeance and will not be deleted. I decided to clear out my 100+ bookmarks and remove Safari from my Mac then reinstall it. Hopefully that will work. It's an old version, so Apple, please let me put it back on my Mac Mini 2012! LOL. Thanks for trying, but no cigar.

Eve

Safari 13.1.2 will not allow me to permanently delete a website that appears in Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.