Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Pro making clicking/popping/static noise

Hello,

i’ve had my AirPods Pro for a while now and first off, let me say that they’re amazing. The noise cancelling and transparency mode are working great. However, I’ve had a problem with my AirPods Pro for a while now. My right Aipod (and sometimes my left) is making a clicking/popping noise every time I move my head or when it detects noises (for example when I’m outside or when talking to other people). When it detects too much noise and movement the clicking/popping noises start to sound more like static noise.

I have had this problem before and sent my AirPods to Apple and I got replacement AirPods, but after a while the newer Airpods started to show the same problem. I’ve tried factory-resetting my AirPods and disconnecting them from all my devices (and reconnecting them) but the clicking noise is still there. It seems to be a problem with the software because originally this problem started showing after a software update (of the AirPods Pro). Does anyone know why this is and what I can do to stop the clicking noise?

Thank you in advance!

Posted on May 10, 2022 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2022 2:18 PM

The solution will probably still be to have them serviced.

You can isolate and see if it is this:

AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues - Apple Support

By checking if the popping sound comes when you tap the Airpods with noise canceling on

AirPods Pro and AirPods Max Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode - Apple Support

and does not happen when tapping on them with noise canceling off

Service Process

Choose one of the service options below to have your AirPods Pro serviced. Your AirPods Pro will be examined prior to any service to verify that they are eligible for this program. AirPods Pro (left, right or both) with a confirmed issue will be replaced. The AirPods Pro case is not affected and will not be replaced.

Good luck!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2022 2:18 PM in response to luukelsten

The solution will probably still be to have them serviced.

You can isolate and see if it is this:

AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues - Apple Support

By checking if the popping sound comes when you tap the Airpods with noise canceling on

AirPods Pro and AirPods Max Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode - Apple Support

and does not happen when tapping on them with noise canceling off

Service Process

Choose one of the service options below to have your AirPods Pro serviced. Your AirPods Pro will be examined prior to any service to verify that they are eligible for this program. AirPods Pro (left, right or both) with a confirmed issue will be replaced. The AirPods Pro case is not affected and will not be replaced.

Good luck!

AirPods Pro making clicking/popping/static noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.