Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Add Title at beginning of project, retaining all other spacing

I know how to add a clips/backgrounds with Titles superimposed, anywhere in the timeline.

I want to add that at the beginning of a movie project that has detached audio and several split clips in both the video & audio timelines.

It appears if I add my background/title to the front end of the project, I must then manually move all the video & audio timelines forward, which knocks many split portions out of sync with each other or the detached audio.

Is there a way to add some extra 'seconds' or clips at the front end that moves everything else - video timeline, audio timeline, image timeline - forward while retaining all spacing & sync?

Alternatively, is there a way to select every timeline, clip & spacing, like a 'Select All,' so that when they inch forward, they all stay in sync, in spite of the many breaks & splits?

Posted on May 11, 2022 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 10:12 AM

The easiest way would be to finish your editing and then export your movie to your desktop, without the title. That would merge all of your edits. Then re-import the movie back into a new iMovie project Then add your title to the beginning of the movie.

-- Rich

1 reply

iMovie Add Title at beginning of project, retaining all other spacing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.