Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

calendar layout

The calendar places the date on the right hand side of the box for that date. I wish to move it to the left side of the box of that date. Is there away to do this? If not, is there a way to make the horizontal/vertical lines on the calendar darker? When I look at my calendar, it looks as if the contents of a date are on the previous day. Thank you

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on May 11, 2022 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2022 3:55 PM

Hi, juliette284, you ask a lot of good questions...... you've sorta stumped me on this one.... I've had a look at the Calendar App built into the MacOS, and I can't see any way to change where it places the date in the box for that date.... and I can't see any way to make the horizontal/vertical lines darker...... Granted, I'm running Mojave, and not Monterey, but the idea is still the same, unless Apple has introduced some radical new changes in the Calendar app.....which I don't think they have done, at least none that I have heard about.... I might be wrong though......If you go to the Calendar App which should be in the "Applications" folder somewhere on your Mac....double click on it to open it, and then go to "Help" and then "Keyboard Shortcuts" and then "Calendar Help".....and read the User guide......again, I'm sorry, but I can't see anything like that there..... Then again, I have my Calendar set up to show Monthly View, and not Weekly or Yearly View..... Perhaps you might be a little better served by an alternative Calendar application..... I just checked the App store and there are about 9 Calendar-type applications there...... Maybe someone will chime in with a really great calendar application recommendation, and why they recommend it..... I'm sure there might also be other alternatives to MacOS' built in Calendar Application.....I suppose you could google some suggestions??? Maybe some are cheap, some you have to pay for.....maybe a few are free.... I have no experience in using any calendar application other than the one that came with Mojave and the built in one on my iPhone...... there probably are alternatives out there......what they are exactly, I can't say......

John B.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2022 3:55 PM in response to juliette284

Hi, juliette284, you ask a lot of good questions...... you've sorta stumped me on this one.... I've had a look at the Calendar App built into the MacOS, and I can't see any way to change where it places the date in the box for that date.... and I can't see any way to make the horizontal/vertical lines darker...... Granted, I'm running Mojave, and not Monterey, but the idea is still the same, unless Apple has introduced some radical new changes in the Calendar app.....which I don't think they have done, at least none that I have heard about.... I might be wrong though......If you go to the Calendar App which should be in the "Applications" folder somewhere on your Mac....double click on it to open it, and then go to "Help" and then "Keyboard Shortcuts" and then "Calendar Help".....and read the User guide......again, I'm sorry, but I can't see anything like that there..... Then again, I have my Calendar set up to show Monthly View, and not Weekly or Yearly View..... Perhaps you might be a little better served by an alternative Calendar application..... I just checked the App store and there are about 9 Calendar-type applications there...... Maybe someone will chime in with a really great calendar application recommendation, and why they recommend it..... I'm sure there might also be other alternatives to MacOS' built in Calendar Application.....I suppose you could google some suggestions??? Maybe some are cheap, some you have to pay for.....maybe a few are free.... I have no experience in using any calendar application other than the one that came with Mojave and the built in one on my iPhone...... there probably are alternatives out there......what they are exactly, I can't say......

John B.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

calendar layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.