Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why file cut option not available?

I'm using a Macbook pro M1 last six months but can not use yet command + x to cut files to move to another folder. what is this! how can I use Command + x to cut the file? Does anyone help me? Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 11, 2022 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2022 12:14 PM

To prevent accidental data loss. Drag the files instead, or copy them and press the Option key when pasting.

(218140)

6 replies

May 11, 2022 12:26 PM in response to MinhazUddin11

MinhazUddin11 wrote:

I'm using a Macbook pro M1 last six months but can not use yet command + x to cut files to move to another folder. what is this! how can I use Command + x to cut the file? Does anyone help me? Thanks

I use cut and paste all the time (Command X) for text,

however never for moving folders or files...

Command C

Command X

Command V

ref: Mac keyboard shortcuts - Apple Support

May 11, 2022 12:06 PM in response to MinhazUddin11

I've read the articles that say this too. I've also ready internet posts that declare Macs are vulnerable to viruses found in the wild, seldom need to be rebooted and etc. Your point is one of the things that makes a Mac not a Windows box. It's designed that way.

This community cannot address the "why" questions for the most part. It's just the way Apple has decided to build its computers.

Why file cut option not available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.