Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO REMOVE AN OLD WI-FI NETWORK FROM IPHONE 12 PRO MAX

How can I remove an old Wi-Fi network? Support suggested using the option to FORGET NETWORK or when that isn't present, to turn off AUTO-JOIN. I'm on an iPhone 12 Pro Max and have neither of those options. How can an old network be removed? The phone keeps trying to join the old network.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 11, 2022 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 3:10 PM

traveler275 Said:

"HOW TO REMOVE AN OLD WI-FI NETWORK FROM IPHONE 12 PRO MAX: [...]As I mentioned in my question description, I do not have the option to FORGET this network. Nor do I have the option to Auto-Join this network so I can turn it off. Thank you for trying to help. Much appreciated."

-------

Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 3:10 PM in response to traveler275

traveler275 Said:

"HOW TO REMOVE AN OLD WI-FI NETWORK FROM IPHONE 12 PRO MAX: [...]As I mentioned in my question description, I do not have the option to FORGET this network. Nor do I have the option to Auto-Join this network so I can turn it off. Thank you for trying to help. Much appreciated."

-------

Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

May 12, 2022 3:08 PM in response to traveler275

traveler275 Said:

-------

Reset your Network Settings:

1. Go Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support
  2. Scroll To: Reset your Network Settings.
  3. Any Success?

May 11, 2022 9:19 PM in response to traveler275

traveler275 Said:

"HOW TO REMOVE AN OLD WI-FI NETWORK FROM IPHONE 12 PRO MAX: [...]How can an old network be removed? The phone keeps trying to join the old network."

-------

Forget the Network, Technically:

Once the Wi-Fi network is removed --forget the network, technically.

Go Here: How to forget a Wi-Fi network on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support

HOW TO REMOVE AN OLD WI-FI NETWORK FROM IPHONE 12 PRO MAX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.