Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this possible to backup photos on my iPhone from my old backups on mac?

Recently I had to erase my iPhone because it wasn't able to start. Before that, I got a message about the lack of space on it. But on my Mac, I have a few previous backups from older phone (also mine associated with the same apple id). Is this possible to restore photos?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on May 12, 2022 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 5:07 AM

oleksii288 wrote:

Recently I had to erase my iPhone because it wasn't able to start. Before that, I got a message about the lack of space on it. But on my Mac, I have a few previous backups from older phone (also mine associated with the same apple id). Is this possible to restore photos?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ce774b2a-699f-410f-a8cf-f741605c3de0

You can restore from an previous backup as long as you are not going backwards in the iOS....

not selectively ie photos only.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...

Restore all content to iPhone from a backup - Apple Support

In order to save drive space recent iOS backs are over-written, unless you manually alter the name or from Manage Backups Control click and “Archive” the backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 5:07 AM in response to oleksii288

oleksii288 wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/ce774b2a-699f-410f-a8cf-f741605c3de0

You can restore from an previous backup as long as you are not going backwards in the iOS....

not selectively ie photos only.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...

Restore all content to iPhone from a backup - Apple Support

In order to save drive space recent iOS backs are over-written, unless you manually alter the name or from Manage Backups Control click and “Archive” the backup.

Is this possible to backup photos on my iPhone from my old backups on mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.