Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new M1 based iMac - can't load new Contacts called Apple and got no fix

I attempted to create a new contact in Contacts. After entering the first and last name, the app closed the new entry window. This occurred three times. I quit the Contacts app, and launched it again. I tried again to create a new contact and the same issue happened. It just lists new contact. I rebooted but the issue persists. I attempted to run Disk Utility First Aid and that did nothing. Called Apple and they had me restart with SHIFT down, that didn't work either. Went to Recovery and reloaded the OS X MONTEREY and it still has the problem. It is not a Gmail account.

What is going on with the new M1 chips? I've had other issues with Finder becoming unresponsive, and things not working right? Hardware issue?. About to bring this back to Apple and ask for a new one.

Posted on May 12, 2022 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2022 6:26 PM

The Contacts issue you are having has absolutely nothing to do with the CPU of the computer. I had the same problem with my Intel based 2020 27" iMac. So before you complain about the CPU, please do some research. The fix is simple:

• Open Contacts App
  • Contacts Menu - Preferences
  • Hightlight any Google Account on left pane
  • If the box that says "Enable this Account" is checked, please un-check it.
  • Enter your contact.
  • Rinse and repeat until all Google accounts have the box unchecked.

When I had the problem and searched I found the solution in a few minutes.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2022 6:26 PM in response to marcomman

The Contacts issue you are having has absolutely nothing to do with the CPU of the computer. I had the same problem with my Intel based 2020 27" iMac. So before you complain about the CPU, please do some research. The fix is simple:

• Open Contacts App
  • Contacts Menu - Preferences
  • Hightlight any Google Account on left pane
  • If the box that says "Enable this Account" is checked, please un-check it.
  • Enter your contact.
  • Rinse and repeat until all Google accounts have the box unchecked.

When I had the problem and searched I found the solution in a few minutes.

My new M1 based iMac - can't load new Contacts called Apple and got no fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.