Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why don't my old photos show up in iCloud? They are on my phone and I have plenty of space

Why don't my old photos (pre 2017) show up in iCloud? They are on my iPhone 7, photos is enabled to iCloud, and I have plenty of space.

iPhone 7

Posted on May 12, 2022 7:41 PM

6 replies

May 12, 2022 9:14 PM in response to voika

voika Said:

"why don't my old photos show up in iCloud? They are on my phone and I have plenty of space: Yes, photos is enabled in iCloud on the device, that’s what’s confusing. None of my photos before 2017 will upload the the cloud."

-------

How many photos are there?

Upgrading iCloud:

If need be, and there is not enough space, then consider upgrading you iCloud Storage Plan, using the link provided above this post. Keep in mind that a phot may be 2-4MB at max, if in high resolution. So, 1,000 photos is about 4GB Max. If need be upgrade using the link. You may not have enough

May 14, 2022 7:04 AM in response to voika

voika Said:

"why don't my old photos show up in iCloud? They are on my phone and I have plenty of space: Thanks, but it’s not a space issue either - I have plenty of room in my iCloud."

———-

Perform a Restart:***

Restart your iPhone, and then see if this works.

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support.

***Source: :photos not syncing from phone to iCloud - Apple Community

May 12, 2022 7:56 PM in response to voika

voika Said:

"why don't my old photos show up in iCloud? They are on my phone and I have plenty of space"

-------

Vew iPhone's Photos and Albums:

Syncing through iCloud:

Is Photos enabled in iCloud Settings on this iPhone? If so, enable Photos in iCloud on your other Apple devices, and see if the data shows up. If your iPhone has items synced with iCloud on them, then they should pop right up.

Enabling iCloud Photos on an iPhone:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Your Name (Top Item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Photos (so that it is green)

May 13, 2022 5:49 PM in response to voika

voika Said:

"why don't my old photos show up in iCloud? They are on my phone and I have plenty of space: Thanks, but it’s not a space issue either - I have plenty of room in my iCloud."

-------

New iCloud Login Session:

In Settings, log out of iCloud, and then log back in. Be certain Photos is enabled. Perhaps it all needs to resync?

Verify iCloud Photos, Directly:

Go here, and see if these Photos are available: https://www.icloud.com/photos. Use a computer to perform this, as it would be more user-friendly doing so.

why don't my old photos show up in iCloud? They are on my phone and I have plenty of space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.