Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My New iMac again

I have another issue I do not have permission when i am the adminstrator and will not let me do anything to get rid of a file? Any help with this i created another name still says I do not have permission when I unlock in the Get info section of a file? Please help to resolve all this for me. See attachment please.

iMac 24″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 13, 2022 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 3:04 AM

Enjoy your mac and don't go looking for stuff. There are perhaps millions of files on your mac, and you don't have to touch most of them. Just leave them be.

Recent macs, introduced since late 2020, are referred as "Apple Silicon" because of the chips inside, developed by Apple itself. If you have one of the new 24" iMacs, then it has "Apple Silicon". There is nothing to worry about. Older macs, like mine, have chips by Intel. So this is just a way to distinguish Macs from different generations.

Again don't go looking for hidden files, leave them be. Files in /private and other places are hidden, with good reason.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2022 3:04 AM in response to DODGE01CHALLENGERSRT01_01

Enjoy your mac and don't go looking for stuff. There are perhaps millions of files on your mac, and you don't have to touch most of them. Just leave them be.

Recent macs, introduced since late 2020, are referred as "Apple Silicon" because of the chips inside, developed by Apple itself. If you have one of the new 24" iMacs, then it has "Apple Silicon". There is nothing to worry about. Older macs, like mine, have chips by Intel. So this is just a way to distinguish Macs from different generations.

Again don't go looking for hidden files, leave them be. Files in /private and other places are hidden, with good reason.

My New iMac again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.