Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Classic iPod no longer Syncs with Music

I know that Apple has discontinued support for the iPod, however I have a 128GB classic iPod that I connect to my home stereo. Two days ago I had no trouble syncing with Apple Music/iTunes, however today I tried to sync. The iPod still shows up in the sidebar, the content, sync settings, and available space still show in the Finder window, but today the progress wheel just spins and and nothing syncs.

If this is because Apple is no longer supporting iPods is there a third party software that you could recommend that will allow me to sync to my classic iPod?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 13, 2022 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 1:49 PM

Try pressing down option+cmd as you launch Music. This can potentially fix odd issues with the library, and may help with your syncing issue. Apple haven't provided active support for iPod classic for quite some time, but iTunes/Music/Finder are still able to sync devices. If it isn't working then it is a local issue.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 1:49 PM in response to Steven Kinzler

Try pressing down option+cmd as you launch Music. This can potentially fix odd issues with the library, and may help with your syncing issue. Apple haven't provided active support for iPod classic for quite some time, but iTunes/Music/Finder are still able to sync devices. If it isn't working then it is a local issue.

tt2

Classic iPod no longer Syncs with Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.