Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Front-facing (selfie) camera on the iPhone 13 Pro Max

Is there really no way to change the settings of the front facing camera on the iPhone 13 Pro Max so it's not so astonishingly unflattering? My gosh. My iPhone 7 didn't take especially flattering selfies but at least it didn't make me want to cry and consider getting cosmetic procedures done. I searched online and see many people have made the same complaint about the iPhone 13 series.

I upgraded my iPhone 7 to the 13 Pro Max especially because I'm about to launch a freelance career and thought I'd use my iPhone camera to take self-portraits for marketing purposes but my gosh, I look hideous in every selfie. What's strange is, for 1-2 seconds, it looks like the iPhone took a decent selfie but then it processes the photo in 1-2 seconds and suddenly it looks excessively sharpened and my complexion looks oddly sallow and EVERY fine line, freckle and blemish looks sharpened and accentuated. WTF?!

No amount of fiddling with the settings has worked so far to improve the portrait quality.

I'm not an especially vain person and I consider myself a reasonably confident woman but the iPhone 13 pro max camera makes me look so much uglier than what I see in the mirror. I let my brother and my cousin take a selfie to see if they felt the same and they were just as horrified at how they looked. They told me I should have got a Samsung or a Google Pixel phone. Their Samsung phones take such nice selfies.

Anyway, I have major buyer's remorse now. I assumed the latest iPhone model would have a really great front-facing camera and it was the only reason I went for the latest model.

Oh well ... if anyone has any tips for taking more flattering selfies on the iPhone 13 Pro Max, let me know, please. Currently, my iPhone 13 Pro Max is adding 10 years to my face. {cries into pillow}

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 13, 2022 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 1:22 PM

I take tips from here too. --> Tutorials | iPhone Photography School

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 1:23 PM in response to AppleCarolP

If you have either dropped the device accidentally or exposed it to liquid or used it beyond acceptable temperature limits then…

Take your device to an Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact Apple Support:

Find Locations - Location Selector - Apple

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support 

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

Front-facing (selfie) camera on the iPhone 13 Pro Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.