Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration assistant did not transfer applications - can I do it again

I just used migration assistant to set up my new MacBook Air - then found applications nor my disk were transferred. Can I use the Migration app again, or should I restart? Anyway to do this quickly?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.2

Posted on May 13, 2022 10:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 10:40 PM

"Migration assistant did not transfer applications - can I do it again: I just used migration assistant to set up my new MacBook Air - then found applications nor my disk were transferred. Can I use the Migration app again, or should I restart? Anyway to do this quickly?"

-------

Migration Assistant:

Try using Migration Assistant again. For apps that do not transfer, then it may be an issue with device-only apps --in which case, you'd have to contact the Developer, letting them know that you have transferred it over, and need a new key.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 10:40 PM in response to Not Acolyte

"Migration assistant did not transfer applications - can I do it again: I just used migration assistant to set up my new MacBook Air - then found applications nor my disk were transferred. Can I use the Migration app again, or should I restart? Anyway to do this quickly?"

-------

Migration Assistant:

Try using Migration Assistant again. For apps that do not transfer, then it may be an issue with device-only apps --in which case, you'd have to contact the Developer, letting them know that you have transferred it over, and need a new key.

Migration assistant did not transfer applications - can I do it again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.