Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone12 just froze-apple on screen. What's next?

My phone is frozen-apple is on the screen, I am connected to my computer, but now what? I can't turn it off.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on May 14, 2022 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 3:42 PM

Please follow the steps in the following link for support with this issue: If your iOS device restarts or displays the Apple logo or a spinning gear unexpectedly

3 replies

May 15, 2022 2:09 PM in response to chicago chick

Best Buy (an Apple Authorized Service Center) determined that there is a hardware issue. Apple Support performed some troubleshooting with your help and determined that the issue cannot be resolved through software. This means that a hardware issue is probable.

This is your work iPhone and given the above circumstances, you have four choices:

1. Have Best Buy conduct the hardware repair. May be done in one day or several days.
  2. Have the nearest Apple Store (80 miles one way) conduct the diagnosis and repair. May be completed in one day or take days.
  3. Contact Apple Support here 👉 Get Support and arrange for a repair via mail send in.
  4. Do Nothing.

Axel F.

May 15, 2022 1:56 PM in response to SravanKrA

This did not work. My phone is 13 months old. I have done all suggested tricks twice to no avail. Best Buy ran diagnostics, and said it was a hardware issue. Today's Apple care rep (extremely helpful) screen shared with me. My phone today wanted to restore so we linked up to Itunes-went through the process-and it failed! The Apple rep then scheduled an appointment for me with the closest Apple store-80 miles one way! This is how I will spend my Sunday, but I use this phone for work, so what choice do I have?

Iphone12 just froze-apple on screen. What's next?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.