Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive online doesn't match iCloud Drive in my mac

Hi,

I am currently moving files from my iCloud Drive to the external hard drive using the iCloud Drive folder in Finder.

The problem is that I need to move one of the huge folders from the iCloud Drive to my external hard drive but I can only see that folder using the iCloud Drive website.

The folder that I am able to see when using the iCloud Drive website I cannot see in the iCloud Drive folder in Finder.

Do you know what is wrong with it? I wouldn't like to be downloading the thousands of files using the iCloud Drive website as not able to download whole folders at once.

Thank you,

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 14, 2022 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2022 9:35 PM

Right click on the folder and use get info if the size is crossing 50 GB the folder with files inside won't sync Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

The folder permission should be correct If you need permission to open an item on Mac - Apple Support

Read How to download content from iCloud when using Optimized Storage - Apple Support

Connect and use other storage devices with Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

iCloud Drive online doesn't match iCloud Drive in my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.