Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

printer always busy

my HPofficejet 8600 works with all computers in our home but mine. The printer is always "in use". We print by connecting the usb to our printers. It is not on a shared network

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 14, 2022 4:36 PM

3 replies

May 15, 2022 2:49 PM in response to Dotsapple

Hi,

For a USB connection, drivers are used. If there is a problem with the existing driver (from the printer manufacturer) on your computer, you may want to try the HP 5.1.1 Printer Software Update download from Apple instead (after having reset the printing system). Would something like an HP Officejet Pro 8600 driver (version 4.1.1) work (mentioned in Printer and scanner drivers for Mac - Apple Support)? Make sure that you have backup copies of all important files (documents, photos, et cetera) before testing anything.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

May 15, 2022 4:36 PM in response to Dotsapple

Dotsapple wrote:

my HPofficejet 8600 works with all computers in our home but mine. The printer is always "in use". We print by connecting the usb to our printers. It is not on a shared network

Log into the printer through a browser— there under admin or jobs see if you have jobs stacked up and delete them.

for CUPS management click the link or copy and paste into the address bar:

http://localhost:631

if no interface shows in the browser, then from your Terminal.app simply copy and paste:

cupsctl WebInterface=yes

use the enter\return key to proceed. You can quite the Terminal.

Reload the browser page...

Solve printing problems on Mac

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/solve-printing-problems-on-mac-mh14002/mac

printer always busy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.