Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes (12) on Windows - Genius utility stopped working

On a PC running Windows 10 (Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version: 19044.1706), I have installed iTunes for Windows via Microsoft Store.

Some days ago I noticed that Genius Utility stopped working by the means that couldn't create a Genius Playlist with any song selected.

Furthermore, Genius Library cannot be Updated since Apple cannot deliver me the Genius results.

I would like to be informed if there is anybody in the community that can assist me with this issue.

Thanking you in advance,

JOHN HATZITOLIOS

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 14, 2022 10:35 PM

3 replies

May 19, 2022 10:22 PM in response to turingtest2

Dear turingtest2,

Thank you very much for your instant (and also right) answer.

At last, after the procedure you suggested to me, the "Genius Playlist" utility worked for my iTunes Library.

However, I noticed that it works only with a few songs (mainly old enough) and not for most of the amount of my Music Library.

Also, the Utility doesn't work for songs that I purchased from Itunes Store (at least for the songs I checked).

I would like very much to have your opinion on this issue.

Thanking you in advance,

Regards,

JOHN HATZITOLIOS

iTunes (12) on Windows - Genius utility stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.