Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to connect to Airplay Speaker” … No longer able to Airplay to HomePod speaker

I'm no longer able to Airplay to HomePod speaker (s). "Unable to connect to Airplay Speaker”

It’s not working, but only for some Apple devices.

5 HomePod speakers affected. But am able to Airplay to multiple other NON APPLE DEVICES! and ATV4.

Only my device is able to Airplay to the Apple HomePods, neither my iPad (on a different Apple Id) or my partners iPhone and iPad can connect to the HomePods via Airplay. It just returns dialogue box with “Unable to connect to Airplay Speaker”. after a few seconds.

-Restarted Homepods

-Rebooted Router

-Forget Network Settings

-Signout / Signin iCloud

-Reset Homepod

The “affected” devices are able to Airplay to NON APPLE DEVICES and to ATV 4, just not the 5 HomePods.

I’m out of ideas, short of resetting the actual transmitting device; which as the issue is across multiple devices, seems like a wasted journey. 

Any one got any other ideas?

Sooooooo frustrating Apple!! Again.

HomePod mini

Posted on May 15, 2022 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 11:49 AM

So 48hrs and still no callback from senior support!

However, today an update dropped for the HomePods… and surprise, surprise 5 HomePods now connected via AirPlay.

”It Just Works”…Eventually, if you have patience and lots of spare time. :-)

Similar questions

3 replies

May 16, 2022 6:45 AM in response to mariotheplumber

Greetings mariotheplumber, 

It sounds like you’ve following the steps from the article we typically recommend, 

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

That being said, the last step is to reach out to Apple Support for further assistance. We’re going to suggest that be the next step you take for this. You can use the link in the article above or this one to reach out to them - Contact Apple Support.

Thanks. 

Unable to connect to Airplay Speaker” … No longer able to Airplay to HomePod speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.