Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage reports full while it isn't

Hello!

My iCloud storage reports full while it isn't.

Happened after occasionally turning iCloud Photos on from PC iCloud client.

After turning iCloud Photos off on ALL my device iCloud still reports full.

While it isn't full anymore - photos deleted, 2.2GB occupied out of 5GB in whole storage.

Sync of my work files paralyzed.

See attahed screenshots below:

Posted on May 15, 2022 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 7:23 AM

Made my own investigation! Reason and solution found!

Turned out to be APPLE BUG! Buggy PC client didn't delete Turned off Icloud Photos from occupied space.

Cured by turning on and off again apple photos in ICloud Storage Manage tab. See below.

Look here (piture below, iCloud -> iCloud Storage Manage). Photos in iCloud Photos are stored for 30 days after turning iCloud Photos off on ALL your divices. Yet, space occupied by them shpuld be reported empty right after u turn them off on all your deviced. Yet, the bug in PC client reportd iCloud Photos storage OCCUPIED while it should not!

Now this is corrected by making the same operations on Mac and iPhone

Long story short: due to some bug in PC client iCloud Photos when turned OFF continue to report their space occupied for 30 days more while they should NOT (while they still there, for 30 day free). To fix if - tweal Photos tab in iCloud Storage -> Management. On iPhone or iMac.

PS. Storage freed 2 days after tweaks in iMac! Not immediately.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 7:23 AM in response to Alejandro_64

Made my own investigation! Reason and solution found!

Turned out to be APPLE BUG! Buggy PC client didn't delete Turned off Icloud Photos from occupied space.

Cured by turning on and off again apple photos in ICloud Storage Manage tab. See below.

Look here (piture below, iCloud -> iCloud Storage Manage). Photos in iCloud Photos are stored for 30 days after turning iCloud Photos off on ALL your divices. Yet, space occupied by them shpuld be reported empty right after u turn them off on all your deviced. Yet, the bug in PC client reportd iCloud Photos storage OCCUPIED while it should not!

Now this is corrected by making the same operations on Mac and iPhone

Long story short: due to some bug in PC client iCloud Photos when turned OFF continue to report their space occupied for 30 days more while they should NOT (while they still there, for 30 day free). To fix if - tweal Photos tab in iCloud Storage -> Management. On iPhone or iMac.

PS. Storage freed 2 days after tweaks in iMac! Not immediately.

May 16, 2022 11:12 AM in response to Alejandro_64

Turning off apple inbuilt applications like photos , notes , mails ... will stop syncing between PC and iCloud .

See the article Sync iPhone with your computer - Apple Support

WARNING: If you delete a synced item from your computer, the item is also deleted from your iPhone the next time you sync.

At present iPhone is not synced that's the reason it Shows 2.2 GB occupied with photos out of 5 GB .

See the article Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

The graph shows most of the space is occupied from documents , in iCloud Drive ( from finder ) > right click on personal documents and move to bin , if its an iPhone Delete shared files or folders in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

May 16, 2022 11:43 AM in response to tygb

I have 4 devices linked to account. you propose me to turn ALL of them off?

iPhone IS synced at the present. As all of other 3 devices. They just can't sync anymore due to unknown problem of iCloud reporting full while only 2,2GB occupied out of 5.

I already cleared some space from other apps but it's still reported as full, though occupied space lowered.

I don't see ANY reson to move any documents to the bin. It's absolutely clear that it's NOT the document are the reasons of this icloud bug.

Your sujjestion is clearly nothing to do with a problem and mostly obfuscating, presumably creating only more problems

May 16, 2022 4:45 PM in response to Eric Root

You mean "Recently deleted photos"? It contains only 2 of them. While the whole volume of photo library on a PC I occasionally turned iCloud Photos on is about 48GB.

I didn't delete any photos - I just occasionally turned on Photos function (in PC client) and off again next day when noticed I'm out of iCloud free space.

Ever before this procedure cleared space occupied by Photos in iCloud.

iCloud storage reports full while it isn't

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.