Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail adds my signature inside the message, not at the end

When I'm finished composing an email and add my signature, often my signature is placed in the middle of my message, not at the end. I have to copy my signature, delete it where it is and paste it at the bottom. This has happened very randomly but hundreds of times. Sometimes it's when a cut and paste is in the message, sometimes not. There seems to be no pattern or common denominator. It makes no sense to me.

Posted on May 15, 2022 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2022 6:56 AM

zenqi wrote:

When I'm finished composing an email and add my signature, often my signature is placed in the middle of my message, not at the end. I have to copy my signature, delete it where it is and paste it at the bottom. This has happened very randomly but hundreds of times. Sometimes it's when a cut and paste is in the message, sometimes not. There seems to be no pattern or common denominator. It makes no sense to me.

—Try deleting the signature create a new one— maybe more simplifed or different in some way to compare your results.

—make changes to preferences Mail>Preferences>Signature

Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback/file a bug report: Product Feedback - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2022 6:56 AM in response to zenqi

zenqi wrote:

—Try deleting the signature create a new one— maybe more simplifed or different in some way to compare your results.

—make changes to preferences Mail>Preferences>Signature

Create and use email signatures in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

you can submit your Apple Feedback/file a bug report: Product Feedback - Apple

Mail adds my signature inside the message, not at the end

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.