Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Search Fail in Monterey

None of the solutions proposed have worked for me.

Interestingly, if you enter in Finder the name (or part of) of a person whose name was used in an email address, or part of the email address, and let it display for the whole Mac (i.e ignore the name "contains" option) Spotlight will display all the attachments in Mail that were sent to or from that address. The date of those may help locate some emails (clunky I know!) but also suggests Spotlight is indexing OK, and the bug is likely in Mail.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on May 16, 2022 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 7:15 AM

emiratefan wrote:

Interestingly, if you enter in Finder the name (or part of) of a person whose name was used in an email address, or part of the email address, and let it display for the whole Mac (i.e ignore the name "contains" option) Spotlight will display all the attachments in Mail that were sent to or from that address. The date of those may help locate some emails (clunky I know!) but also suggests Spotlight is indexing OK, and the bug is likely in Mail.

you can rebuild the shared Spotlight search database—

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 7:15 AM in response to emiratefan

emiratefan wrote:

you can rebuild the shared Spotlight search database—

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Mail Search Fail in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.