Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Search Fail in Monterey

After (finally) biting the bullet and upgrading to Monterey (12.2.1) in my iMac, I tried using the Search feature of Apple Mail. Utter failure! Search can't find anything useful, including a failure to suggest 'From' an email address in my Inbox. I'm sorry just to gripe, but this issue has been around for a year (as I see from searching for a solution in Communities), and once again Apple fails to notice and execute a fix. Does anyone have a proven workaround and/or fix?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 16, 2022 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 6:58 AM

BPBear544 wrote:

After (finally) biting the bullet and upgrading to Monterey (12.2.1) in my iMac, I tried using the Search feature of Apple Mail. Utter failure! Search can't find anything useful, including a failure to suggest 'From' an email address in my Inbox. I'm sorry just to gripe, but this issue has been around for a year (as I see from searching for a solution in Communities), and once again Apple fails to notice and execute a fix. Does anyone have a proven workaround and/or fix?

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2022 6:58 AM in response to BPBear544

BPBear544 wrote:

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

Mar 7, 2022 1:21 PM in response to mihaela43

With Mail open, and All Inboxes highlighted, I just go to the Menu Bar, click on Mailbox, and then at the bottom of the Dropdown click on Rebuild. I find I have to do it repeatedly, as Mail can't seem to remember its indexing. Also, I haven't yet figured out whether I also have to Rebuild All Sent, and other individual or groups of Mailboxes.

Mail Search Fail in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.