Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.5 broke auto adjust brightness

After todays update, my phone no longer adjusts the brightness to see it outside. It’s always dim. I tried restarting the phone, and it shows max brightness, but then goes back to dim. I spend a lot of time outside so this is annoying. I don’t have access to a MacBook or something to revert the update.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on May 16, 2022 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 12:52 PM

I found that using dark mode in direct sunlight makes it hard to read in direct sunlight. Switching to light mode made it easier. I’m homeless now looking for jobs and I have to send emails and stuff from my phone because all my stuff is in a storage locker and I live out of my car right now.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2022 12:52 PM in response to gir489

I found that using dark mode in direct sunlight makes it hard to read in direct sunlight. Switching to light mode made it easier. I’m homeless now looking for jobs and I have to send emails and stuff from my phone because all my stuff is in a storage locker and I live out of my car right now.

IPhone 13 Pro Max with iOS 15.5 broke auto adjust brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.