Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts won't let me add a new contact

This is an old question with some answers, but none of the answers fit my Mac running Monterey. It's 2022 and I am running Monterey on a desktop iMac. When I try and add a contact, as I am typing in the details, the screen reverts back to showing the list of contacts, before I can hit "done", making it almost impossible to add a new contact.

I read the suggestions about trashing the Address Book, but I cannot find it on Monterey. Any suggestions??

iMac Pro

Posted on May 16, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 2:06 PM

A solution, although a workaround that someone else posted, is to go to the bottom of the list of contacts and there should be a list of blank contacts there called "No Name." You can pick one of those and edit it to create a new contact. No idea how these No Names get generated. My suspicion is they get created when I am trying to create a new contact by clicking the "+" symbol to add a contact, and it disappears before I can create the contact. But, I have not tested this theory.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 2:06 PM in response to wizard_chef

A solution, although a workaround that someone else posted, is to go to the bottom of the list of contacts and there should be a list of blank contacts there called "No Name." You can pick one of those and edit it to create a new contact. No idea how these No Names get generated. My suspicion is they get created when I am trying to create a new contact by clicking the "+" symbol to add a contact, and it disappears before I can create the contact. But, I have not tested this theory.

May 25, 2022 11:41 AM in response to wizard_chef

I think you're right about that, which is why I ended up deleting all the No Names that had been created! Didn't think of being able to use them to fill in the new contacts I want to add. So you were able to fill in the name & info, by using one of the No Names? I guess I could just create some more, sure wish Apple would fix something as bothersome as this...

Contacts won't let me add a new contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.