Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer sharing g keeps getting turned off

Every time that MacOS is updated, the Printer Sharing gets turned off, and I'm usually then alerted to this by my partner reporting that she can no longer print.

To rectify the situation, I have to go into my System Preferences and turn Printer Sharing back on, but also then need to delete the defined printer on my partner's Mac, and then add it back again.

This has been happening for at least a year, and is getting really tiresome.

I'd really appreciate any hints or tips to rectify this behavior !

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 16, 2022 8:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 7:00 AM

deamermacdan wrote:

Every time that MacOS is updated, the Printer Sharing gets turned off, and I'm usually then alerted to this by my partner reporting that she can no longer print.

To rectify the situation, I have to go into my System Preferences and turn Printer Sharing back on, but also then need to delete the defined printer on my partner's Mac, and then add it back again.

Printer/scanners are always the first causality in any macOS upgrade/update....nothing new here

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2022 7:00 AM in response to deamermacdan

deamermacdan wrote:

Printer/scanners are always the first causality in any macOS upgrade/update....nothing new here

you can submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple

Solve printing problems on Mac

Solve printing problems on Mac - Apple Support

Printer sharing g keeps getting turned off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.