Mac with printer issue

I am a Finance sec using ACS On Demand and after the most recent apple update I can't keep my brother printer in the ACS portal for printing. Our IT person has uninstalled and reinstalled the printer, removed from Wi-fi and hooked up with a cable and nothing is working. Please help!

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2023 12:27 PM

I am running Ventura 13.4 and had problems with Brother printer going off line. I called Apple support and they could not fix the problem. Brother was a waste of time. Here is what I did. I added a new printer using the IP address of the printer. After selecting add printer. Select the globe which is the middle icon in add printer. Type the IP address into Address. Protocol will show as AirPrint. Then name the printer. This solution has been working when I look at my printers and scanners settings I see two printers the Brother printer that is offline and the new printer idle. I named the new printer "Brother IP address printer". My Mac Book Pro running Monterey 12.6.6 has never lost the connection to the printer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2023 12:27 PM in response to technot-savvy

I am running Ventura 13.4 and had problems with Brother printer going off line. I called Apple support and they could not fix the problem. Brother was a waste of time. Here is what I did. I added a new printer using the IP address of the printer. After selecting add printer. Select the globe which is the middle icon in add printer. Type the IP address into Address. Protocol will show as AirPrint. Then name the printer. This solution has been working when I look at my printers and scanners settings I see two printers the Brother printer that is offline and the new printer idle. I named the new printer "Brother IP address printer". My Mac Book Pro running Monterey 12.6.6 has never lost the connection to the printer.

Mac with printer issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.