Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro Voice Isolation Troubleshooting

I just upgraded to a Mac Studio. I'm using a Scarlett Solo with external speakers for audio. When using Final Cut Pro's Voice Isolation feature, my audio is distorted. No other plugins cause this. When I switch to the Mac Studio speakers or Mac Display speakers, there is no issue either. Anyone else have this issue or have a fix? Thanks.

Mac Studio

Posted on May 17, 2022 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 1:53 PM

All,

Good news. I just figured it out. I went into the Focusrite Control app and tried selecting a different sample rate than the default. It was set to 192kHz. I switched it to 48kHz. No more stuttering/drifting issues. Thank you all for your suggestions!

Similar questions

9 replies

May 21, 2022 7:59 AM in response to KevinJ84

I just had this same issue. This is something Apple needs to see and test. I created a file after applying Voice Isolation. When I play the file back on the built in speakers of a MacBook Pro or an iMac it plays fine in terms of the audio sounding correct. When I hook the headphone jack of both a MacBook Pro and iMac to play on external monitors the file audio is distorted. I tested this on 2 different models of MacBook Pro and one model of iMac. Very frustrating as this was for a major presentation. Apple please advise.

May 21, 2022 12:22 PM in response to KevinJ84

Hi all,

Thanks for the follow up questions.

Voice Isolation works just fine via:

-Mac Studio speaker

-Mac Studio Display speakers

-Headphones plugged into Mac Studio

Voice Isolation plays back distorted via Scarlett Solo (Connected via USB C to USB A)

Exported file's audio plays just fine.

Here is a link to two files for comparison:

Screen recording of Final Cut Pro playing back clip with voice isolation

Exported clip w/ voice isolation

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/1CBULNSfOWQYY8XONpXfzuJUjkpLpVm3O

May 21, 2022 1:30 PM in response to KevinJ84

That is odd. Have you contacted Focusrite support to see what they say? The latest driver I see listed on their support page is 3.10.0 but I don't see a date. What version are you running?

In the Mac playback video, the audio appears to drift considerably in the short clip. I wonder if the real-time voice isolation processing causes the sample rate to drift. What happens if you render the clip?

Final Cut Pro Voice Isolation Troubleshooting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.