Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV remote on my Watch

Twice now, while watching my Apple TV, my Apple Watch spontaneously brings up a remote - I love it! It hasn’t happened enough for me to figure out what I did to trigger it. However, if I click the Remote app on the Watch, the remote is completely different. I like the one that comes up on its own. How do I get that one on there? I’m guessing it has something to do with Handoff because today it did it right after I was using the remote on my phone, but I can’t get it to do it again.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on May 17, 2022 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 5:33 PM

Perhaps this article will help:

Control Apple TV with Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

May 25, 2022 5:33 AM in response to javaliga

No, I had seen that before asking, but it didn’t help me figure out how I was getting a different “remote” than the remote app. But I did figure it out! It’s the “Now Playing” app that was coming up (I like using it better than Remote, but I still need Remote to maneuver outside of what I am currently watching - but I can easily click on the remote icon for that and then “done” to go back!). Not quite sure how I triggered it before, but happy to be able to find it when I want it!

Apple TV remote on my Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.