Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new 24 inch imac 2021

I just purchased a blue 24 inch 2021 iMac computer and I am trading in my Mac mini for it.

I have been using an external hard drive for my time machine. What is the best way to go over to it?

Use the migration-is it better to use the external hard drive? My Mac mini is updated to Monterey so how does it work to transfer files, etc over? I have never done that before. When I got the Mac mini I started it as a new machine and did not transfer files. So, I ended up having to put alot in from scratch.

I am not a techie, so this is all new to me.

Carol

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on May 17, 2022 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2022 8:49 PM

CarolF5 wrote:

Then after that is finished how do I get the Mac mini ready for trade in? Do I unplug the external hard drive before I finish it?
All new as I have never gone through this before.

Carol

Follow these instructions: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies

May 17, 2022 9:17 PM in response to Smilin-Brian

No, I work the night shift at the hospital and cannot get out that far a 2 hour drive to a store. So, it has to be here. I tried looking for erase assistant in the system preferences and cannot find. I know I will need to get the iMac set up on my table next to my mini Mac m1. I will need to do the Migration Assistant first and then when all that is finished, will need to find the Erase Assistant. Cannot seem to find either in my system preferences. Figures.

Carol

The new 24 inch imac 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.