Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can install Xcode with command line?

After painstakingly dealing with Xcode and the Mac App Store, I wondered if it is possible to download Xcode with command-line tools (preferably Homebrew). As many have experienced, the Mac App Store is highly inefficient, especially when downloading a 10GB+ application like Xcode. As far as I know, the only alternative is to download it from the website, but I don't think that'll be much better since I can't automatically update it (at least, I'm assuming, I've never tried). Hence, I'm curious if installing it with command tools is possible since it might be more efficient and convenient. Does anyone know anything about this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 17, 2022 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 2:26 PM

A direct download link can be found here: https://developer.apple.com/download/all/

Yes you can install it using Homebrew if you prefer but I doubt that will speed anything up.

Similar questions

1 reply

Can install Xcode with command line?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.