Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xs keeps freezing when doing simple tasks

whenever i try to do simple tasks like open messages, click on a subcategory of settings, or open and try to edit my contacts, it freezes and doesnt unfreeze for a while. even if it does unfreeze, it just kicks me out of the app and when i try to do it again, it just freezes. i cant even open messages right now as my screen just turns white and it kicks me out of the app. the only thing that works for me right now to unfreeze it is to hit it.

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on May 18, 2022 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 1:55 AM

Two basic troubleshooting steps to perform:

A "forced" restart of your iPhone, as per these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS/iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone/iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 1:55 AM in response to stxrliiqht

Two basic troubleshooting steps to perform:

A "forced" restart of your iPhone, as per these instructions:--> Force restart iPhone – Apple Support

If the issue persists, something could have gone wrong during the latest update procedure.

I would try to install a fresh copy of iOS/iPadOS. To do this, create a full backup of your iPhone/iPad (1), then restore it to factory settings (you need a computer to perform this step) and, in the end, set it up as new (2).

When done, restore data from your previously made backup (3).

Follow the instructions provided in these support articles:

(1) How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch – Apple Support

(2) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings – Apple Support

(3) Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If the issue still persists, contact Apple Support directly using this link:--> Get Support or, even better, make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

iphone xs keeps freezing when doing simple tasks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.