Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing Apple Music on an Alexa device

i have been successfully playing my Apple Music through an Amazon Alexa device for some time, including my own created playlists, however since upgrading my iPhone, Alexa does not recognise the new playlist that I have created, although continues to play my previously created playlists. I have tried unlinking and relinking Apple Music within Alexa, but the problem continues.

I must have the setting set up correctly, otherwise Alexa would not be playing my previously created playlists. I hope someone can help me please??

Posted on May 18, 2022 4:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 7:14 AM

Hi Helen A.,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with playing newly created playlists through Alexa. We'd like to help.

Do you see any error messages when you try to play the playlist? If so, what exactly does it say? Have you checked out this resource to troubleshot this issue? It may help get this resolved: Play Apple Music with Alexa - Apple Support

You can go through the following steps to make sure things are still set up correctly:

Set up Apple Music with Alexa

1. Open the Amazon Alexa app.
2. In the lower-right corner, tap More.
3. Tap Skills & Games.
4. In the upper-right corner, tap the search field, then enter Apple Music.
5. Tap Enable To Use.
6. Tap Settings.
7. Tap Link Account.
8. Follow the instructions to sign in with your Apple ID. Get help signing in with two-factor authentication.

If you continue to have issues with this connection, your next step may be to get help from Amazon.

Hope that helps and you're able to get those new playlists playing again!

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 7:14 AM in response to Helen A.

Hi Helen A.,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having an issue with playing newly created playlists through Alexa. We'd like to help.

Do you see any error messages when you try to play the playlist? If so, what exactly does it say? Have you checked out this resource to troubleshot this issue? It may help get this resolved: Play Apple Music with Alexa - Apple Support

You can go through the following steps to make sure things are still set up correctly:

Set up Apple Music with Alexa

1. Open the Amazon Alexa app.
2. In the lower-right corner, tap More.
3. Tap Skills & Games.
4. In the upper-right corner, tap the search field, then enter Apple Music.
5. Tap Enable To Use.
6. Tap Settings.
7. Tap Link Account.
8. Follow the instructions to sign in with your Apple ID. Get help signing in with two-factor authentication.

If you continue to have issues with this connection, your next step may be to get help from Amazon.

Hope that helps and you're able to get those new playlists playing again!

Take care.

May 20, 2022 12:29 AM in response to ColleenD1

Thanks for your reply. I had already completed the above, along with disabling the skill in the Alexa App and re-enabling a couple of times before but it hadn’t worked. However I did this process again today and Alexa is now playing ALL my created playlynow, so can only assume there was a glitch in the system, but all good now.

Playing Apple Music on an Alexa device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.