Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR volume control

My XR is almost 3 years old & I’ve had this issue almost as long as I’ve had this phone. My volume constantly lowers, even during phone conversations the volume drops! I have to use the side buttons to hear anything. I have everything correct in settings & I have done the factory reset with the help of Verizon & Apple. I’m so frustrated I want to get a new phone but I fear this issue may follow me. Has this happened to anybody else? My sister has had the same volume control issue with her XR but she was able to fix it & she doesn’t really remember how she fixed it.

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on May 18, 2022 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2022 9:41 PM

Loreleifrommn Said:

"iPhone XR volume control: My XR is almost 3 years old & I’ve had this issue almost as long as I’ve had this phone. My volume constantly lowers, even during phone conversations the volume drops! I have to use the side buttons to hear anything. [...]My sister has had the same volume control issue with her XR but she was able to fix it & she doesn’t really remember how she fixed it."

-------

Refer to the following...

Troubleshooting iPhone Volume:

A Few Links that May Help:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2022 9:41 PM in response to Loreleifrommn

Loreleifrommn Said:

"iPhone XR volume control: My XR is almost 3 years old & I’ve had this issue almost as long as I’ve had this phone. My volume constantly lowers, even during phone conversations the volume drops! I have to use the side buttons to hear anything. [...]My sister has had the same volume control issue with her XR but she was able to fix it & she doesn’t really remember how she fixed it."

-------

Refer to the following...

Troubleshooting iPhone Volume:

A Few Links that May Help:

Jun 11, 2022 6:24 AM in response to capnMer1ca

The only solution I can think of is to upgrade my iPhone. I’ve spent hours with Apple & they believe it is a hardware issue & need me to send my phone in for repair. How can this happen when the problem phone is my only phone? Apple has been fantastic but this is just not a viable solution for me. Fingers crossed I get a good trade in deal!

iPhone XR volume control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.