You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple celebrates 10 years of Apple Pay. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add transit card in wallet

I have a credit card added in my apple wallet. After I select Suica card (transit in japan), why asked to add payment method?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 18, 2022 3:57 PM

3 replies

May 18, 2022 6:36 PM in response to Dennison199

Sorry, allow me to correct myself... you need a supported Credit/Debit Card on your Apple Wallet (Most cards that take online transactions will do the trick)

Dennison199 wrote:

Hello asdjkd, welcome to the Apple Support comunity forum!
I did a bit of investigating and you need to add a credit/debit card on Apple Pay in order to load your transit card with funds, otherwise you can't put the card on your iPhone.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/d7ff53e6-ebec-4c6f-a3c5-30980ebb51e9

This article might also help you;
Add a transit card to Apple Wallet - Apple Support

Cheers!

May 18, 2022 5:38 PM in response to asdjkd

Some credit cards do not support In-App purchase that is needed to add money to Suica or PASMO. Check with your card issuer to make sure your card supports In-App purchases or add another card that does. You can confirm be checking the Apple Pay select card pop-up. If the card is listed in the 'Not Available for In App Payments' category it cannot be used to add money to Suica card.

Can’t add transit card in wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.