Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i navigate a large desktop stack?

Apart from opening a separate Finder window, is there a method to navigate a large desktop stack that has more items than there is space on the desktop to accomodate?

The fact that the over-spill of icons from one such occurrence simply gets displayed on top of existing folders, etc., almost feels like some kind of visual handling error.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 19, 2022 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 6:02 AM

The value of using stacks is depleted when you use it as a substitution for volume document organization. I have to break myself of saving developer related files to my Desktop (convenience) as I can identify with an open stack covering most of my 32-inch display. I have been moving these from the Desktop to specific non-Desktop folders, but it is time consuming…

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 6:02 AM in response to race240

The value of using stacks is depleted when you use it as a substitution for volume document organization. I have to break myself of saving developer related files to my Desktop (convenience) as I can identify with an open stack covering most of my 32-inch display. I have been moving these from the Desktop to specific non-Desktop folders, but it is time consuming…

May 21, 2022 7:12 AM in response to VikingOSX

yeah, i get it. thanks for your reply.

i still think that the operating system should be robust enough to handle such an occurrence as having 100 images in a pictures stack. if i want to be lazy and have a bunch of items on my desktop that's not only my prerogative, but it is exactly why the feature was created, right? how intuitive would it be to simply have an additional desktop space be created to put the additional icons there, or something like that....but i digress

anyway, its just a personal annoyance of mine, and its really not a threat to my overall happiness and with MacOS as a whole.

thanks again for your thoughtful comment.

How do i navigate a large desktop stack?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.