Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to connect AirPods Pro to Windows - Bad Sound Quality

I have checked almost everything about this topic and tried all the solutiouns but nothing is working.

I've got AirPods Pro and I can't connect properly to my windows laptop. Actually I can connect it and listening quality is very good but microphone isn't detected by my Windows. I can just use it as Hands Free device and in that microphone quality is terrible. Before giving advice, please check;

+ All drivers are updated.

+ Windows is restored.

+ I've tried it with a 5.0 bluetooth adapter.

+ I've checked Sound settings.

+ I've set it as default device.

+ Yes, I can hear in a good quality when I set AirPods Pro Stero mode.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on May 19, 2022 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 6:47 AM

Hello alorka,

To connect your AirPods to a non-Apple device, please check out the information in the "Use AirPods with a non-Apple device" part of this link: Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices

Use AirPods with a non-Apple device

You can use AirPods as a Bluetooth headset with a non-Apple device. You can't use Siri, but you can listen and talk. To set up your AirPods with an Android phone or other non-Apple device, follow these steps:

1. On your non-Apple device, go to the settings for Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on. If you have an Android device, go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
2. With your AirPods in the charging case, open the lid.
3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
4. When your AirPods appear in the list of Bluetooth devices, select them.

Just to confirm, do you use your AirPods with any other devices? If so, do you experience any issues with the AirPods microphone when using them with other devices, or only with your Windows computer?

That information can help us get a better understanding of the situation.

Thanks!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 6:47 AM in response to alorka

Hello alorka,

To connect your AirPods to a non-Apple device, please check out the information in the "Use AirPods with a non-Apple device" part of this link: Set up AirPods with your Mac and other Bluetooth devices

Use AirPods with a non-Apple device

You can use AirPods as a Bluetooth headset with a non-Apple device. You can't use Siri, but you can listen and talk. To set up your AirPods with an Android phone or other non-Apple device, follow these steps:

1. On your non-Apple device, go to the settings for Bluetooth and make sure that Bluetooth is on. If you have an Android device, go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
2. With your AirPods in the charging case, open the lid.
3. Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
4. When your AirPods appear in the list of Bluetooth devices, select them.

Just to confirm, do you use your AirPods with any other devices? If so, do you experience any issues with the AirPods microphone when using them with other devices, or only with your Windows computer?

That information can help us get a better understanding of the situation.

Thanks!

How to connect AirPods Pro to Windows - Bad Sound Quality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.