Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is "Locked To Owner" but won't accept my apple ID and password

So my iPhone was reset to factory settings and when I get to the page that says that to unlock it I need to use the Apple ID and Password that I used when setting up the device.

When I enter my Apple ID and CURRENT password nothing happens. I hit "next" and I don't get a response. If I enter a different password I get a message saying "Incorrect Apple ID or Password"

Does that mean I need to use the password I used when I set up my phone? That was 4 years ago and where I use the same apple ID, I have changed the password several times. I do not remember the original password.

If that is the case, can I log on to my iCloud account and remove the device and restore from backup?

iPhone XS, iOS 15

Posted on May 19, 2022 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 12:23 PM

It should be the current password for the AppleID which is partially displayed on the screen.

(Perhaps Apple's activation server is having "issues" alhough it's still "green" at Apple - Support - System Status)

Re: "... If that is the case, can I log on to my iCloud account and remove the device and restore from backup? ..."

That's likely your best option. https://appleid.apple.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 12:23 PM in response to pjlaughter

It should be the current password for the AppleID which is partially displayed on the screen.

(Perhaps Apple's activation server is having "issues" alhough it's still "green" at Apple - Support - System Status)

Re: "... If that is the case, can I log on to my iCloud account and remove the device and restore from backup? ..."

That's likely your best option. https://appleid.apple.com

My iPhone is "Locked To Owner" but won't accept my apple ID and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.