Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage

How do I transfer my iPhone storage to my iCloud? I’ve upgraded my storage plan to gb to 2tb and optimized my photos, made sure iCloud photos was turned on, yet it’s still not saving all photos and saying I need more space.

iPhone 11

Posted on May 19, 2022 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2022 5:44 PM

You can’t “transfer” your iPhone storage to iCloud, as iCloud is a syncing service. You can only sync the contents of your phone to iCloud. If iCloud is saying you need more space you will have to “rent” more iCloud space. You get 5 GB free. You can expand it to 50 GB for 99¢ a month. Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud/Manage Storage to take advantage of this.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2022 5:44 PM in response to Blakek94

You can’t “transfer” your iPhone storage to iCloud, as iCloud is a syncing service. You can only sync the contents of your phone to iCloud. If iCloud is saying you need more space you will have to “rent” more iCloud space. You get 5 GB free. You can expand it to 50 GB for 99¢ a month. Go to Settings/[your name]/iCloud/Manage Storage to take advantage of this.

iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.