Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID does is not active

just purchased a brand new MacBook Air, when it came time to set up with a brand new Apple ID I chose to create a new one with first name . last name @iCloud.com don't ask me why, that's what I put and of course it let it go through but now it shows an exclamation point on my settings so I go to put the password to this new Apple ID I created and it says Apple ID is not active, or valid. I'm just so confused if I wasn't allowed to do first name dot last name @ iCloud.com why would it look like I had created one now I can't even sign out of it on my computer because it says it doesn't exist!!! so now I'm stuck.....helpppp

Posted on May 19, 2022 8:23 PM

2 replies

May 19, 2022 8:26 PM in response to meri117

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support      -    Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.   -

Apple on Twitter        

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      *

Apple ID does is not active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.