Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have another Apple ID in my Mac, suddenly it's not active

I have new macbook air from my office. I use new apple ID for my macbook air

Suddenly it's not active. Please help to activate it again. Or please provide steps how to change my apple id in my mac to my current apple id

Thank you

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 20, 2021 8:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2021 8:43 AM

Hi agoesz,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you have a question about a MacBook Air used for work, and we'd like to help.

Are you referring to an Activation Lock screen? This would mean that the Apple ID used with the Mac before you, was signed in with a different Apple ID, as shown here: Activation Lock for Mac

If this is the case, and you were given the Mac by your employer, you'll want to refer back to who supplied you with the MacBook Air.

If this is not what is happening, please provide some additional info, so the community can help. However, do not include any personal information, as this is a public forum.

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2021 8:43 AM in response to agoesz

Hi agoesz,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! We see you have a question about a MacBook Air used for work, and we'd like to help.

Are you referring to an Activation Lock screen? This would mean that the Apple ID used with the Mac before you, was signed in with a different Apple ID, as shown here: Activation Lock for Mac

If this is the case, and you were given the Mac by your employer, you'll want to refer back to who supplied you with the MacBook Air.

If this is not what is happening, please provide some additional info, so the community can help. However, do not include any personal information, as this is a public forum.

Take care!

I have another Apple ID in my Mac, suddenly it's not active

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.