Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove emails

I never erase messages from my email and now have thousands to delete. What is the best and faster way to delete. Yrs. ago there was a feature where you could pick an email from one source and then erase all the messages from that source with the push of a button. I was amazed how many repeat messages I get from 1 source and erasing my messages was a snap. Drowning in emails….help!

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on May 20, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 8:40 AM

If you're talking about "thousands" of messages, I suggest that you use a computer, open your email provider website and check their option to delete (but save all your received / sent messages in advance before proceeding) using specific filters.

When done, re-open your Apple Mail app, and wait until it repopulates with your desired messages only.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 8:40 AM in response to 7Sevenchildren

If you're talking about "thousands" of messages, I suggest that you use a computer, open your email provider website and check their option to delete (but save all your received / sent messages in advance before proceeding) using specific filters.

When done, re-open your Apple Mail app, and wait until it repopulates with your desired messages only.

Regards

Giulio

May 20, 2022 8:37 AM in response to 7Sevenchildren

Are you using the native Mail App? 

Many mailbox folders have a Select All button at top-left of the Mail sidebar - and other action buttons at the bottom of the sidebar such as MarkMove & Bin. For the few folders that don’t have Select All, you can still easily select and delete multiple emails.

1) Select a mailbox folder (e.g., inbox, archive, bin, sent etc.) from the Mail sidebar. 

2) Having selected the folder, use the Search field or any filter options that you wish to use (e.g., Unread/Marked) to refine the list of mail messages.

3) Tap the blue Edit button in the sidebar.

4) To select multiple messages, you can either tap (select) each message individually - or simply swipe (multiple select) your finger down the left edge of the sidebar to rapidly select multiple messages from the list - sliding your finger beyond the bottom of the list to select more messages.

5) When you’re ready, select the desired action (e.g., Bin) from the available options.

Remove emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.