Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Classic will not connect after latest Mac OS update (12.4)

The latest update seems to be preventing iPod Classics from connecting to Music. I've reformatted the drive, swapped out the cable, and tried different USB ports, but none of the will connect on my recently updated computer.

However, it WILL connect on my old PC and on my wife's Mac, which hasn't been updated yet.

I think you broke something in the latest update. When can a solution be implemented, because this is not acceptable.

Thanks,

Dean

iPod Classic

Posted on May 20, 2022 9:47 AM

3 replies

Jun 18, 2022 10:36 AM in response to Dean1006

It’s disgusting. You can only hear music that you purchased on your iPod in the new app.. This is blatantly unfair. I can’t download the purchases on my iPad Pro. In the beginning I didn’t know about the change. I purchased all kinds of wires, thinking I could download it from my HP laptop. I have over 2000 dollars worth of songs. The only solution is I have to go to the store and look for the song then I can play it. I don’t remember half of what I purchased. Not to mention the songs I down load from CD’s onto my HP and download onto my iPod. In the words of the song, it’s “ all about money ain’t a dam thing funny, got to have a con in the land of milk and honey”. We’ve been had.

iPod Classic will not connect after latest Mac OS update (12.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.