Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my ipod connect to my mac properly?

Hi,

A few days ago I bought a used iPod Classic 80GB, which I tried to factory reset.

Everything went fine, but when I reconnected the iPod to the Mac, I couldn't manage the content on it:

(sorry for the mistakes in the translation, but original version is in Polish and I had to translate it online)

iPod and Macbook have the latest software.

How can I get the iPod to connect to the mac correctly?

iPod Classic

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2022 1:07 PM

I maximized the window and tried to scroll down,but there was nothing there. Also there were no other tabs ,that I could select there. I also changed the device names to the same ones but nothing worked either.

And then I got the brilliant idea to run the iPod from an old macbook and it worked.

New MacBook with M1 touchbar

Old MacBook Air from 2017

My current laptop runs macOs Monterey 12.1 and the old computer runs macOs Catalina 10.15.2. It must have been the fault of either the computer or the system itself that it didn't work.

However, thank you for your help.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2022 1:07 PM in response to turingtest2

I maximized the window and tried to scroll down,but there was nothing there. Also there were no other tabs ,that I could select there. I also changed the device names to the same ones but nothing worked either.

And then I got the brilliant idea to run the iPod from an old macbook and it worked.

New MacBook with M1 touchbar

Old MacBook Air from 2017

My current laptop runs macOs Monterey 12.1 and the old computer runs macOs Catalina 10.15.2. It must have been the fault of either the computer or the system itself that it didn't work.

However, thank you for your help.

Dec 8, 2022 12:36 PM in response to pradolinieje

How odd. I wonder if it might help to maximise that window and check if you are able to scroll up or down that page. You should see an number of tabs you can switch between. I also notice that the two entries for the device have different names. Previously the second entry would have been the same as the first, but perhaps in all caps. You could try renaming the second entry to match the first in case it helps.

tt2

Why won't my ipod connect to my mac properly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.