Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On iOS 15.4 why can’t I change my cellular from LTE to 3G

How do I fix that

Posted on May 20, 2022 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2022 10:52 AM

The option is not present because your carrier has prevented it. Most carriers worldwide are in the process of shutting down their 3G networks, if they have not already done so. The presence or absence of options to disable LTE or 5G is entirely up to the carrier. They control what options appear on your device through profiles they distribute to devices on their network. Those profiles are specific to each device model and the software version installed on it. If your iPhone lacks the ability to force it down to 3G, that is because your carrier decided not to allow it on that particular device model. It is not uncommon for carriers to allow it on some older models but disallow it on newer ones that have better LTE radio hardware.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2022 10:52 AM in response to Trexron

The option is not present because your carrier has prevented it. Most carriers worldwide are in the process of shutting down their 3G networks, if they have not already done so. The presence or absence of options to disable LTE or 5G is entirely up to the carrier. They control what options appear on your device through profiles they distribute to devices on their network. Those profiles are specific to each device model and the software version installed on it. If your iPhone lacks the ability to force it down to 3G, that is because your carrier decided not to allow it on that particular device model. It is not uncommon for carriers to allow it on some older models but disallow it on newer ones that have better LTE radio hardware.

On iOS 15.4 why can’t I change my cellular from LTE to 3G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.