Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is AirTag location no longer updating?

My AirTag fell off my key chain without me noticing. I did not notice until I had already driven away.

It must have fallen off near a beach area.

I put it in lost mode as soon as I realized. It would update and showed it was in the same location for over 24 hours.

Then I checked that afternoon and it’s in another town 30 miles away from the original location. It updated twice at that location and now it shows the last tracking was 5 days ago. Location never updated again.

Why is this? Should I keep in lost mood or just remove it? What is causing this? What should I do? I know I am not getting it back

HomePod mini

Posted on May 20, 2022 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2022 8:31 AM

See Mark an AirTag or other item as lost in Find My on iPhone - Apple Support. Did you include contact information in case the finder is prepared to make an effort to return it?

See Remove an AirTag or other item from Find My on iPhone - Apple Support if you want to remove the AirTag from your account.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Why is AirTag location no longer updating?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.