Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blur spot when I zoom in on iPhone 13 Pro Max camera.

I was trying to take pictures of the sunset when I noticed these blur spots appeared on my camera when I would zoom in. I’ve cleaned the camera lens multiple times, but they did not go away. I’ve also restarted my phone, which did not help either. I’m in desperate need for an answer or I will cry.

Posted on May 20, 2022 9:26 PM

6 replies

May 20, 2022 11:43 PM in response to muhria

muhurat Said:

"Blur spot when I zoom in on iPhone 13 Pro Max camera.: The blurs are not on the screenshot I just took, and I’ve never had the camera replaced."

-------

No Success?

What else to try...

A. Disable then Enable Cameara:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Screen Time
  3. Tap: Content & Privacy Restrictions
  4. Enter: Keycode
  5. Tap: Allowed Apps
  6. Tap: Camera (So it is Green-Colored)

B. Restart iPhone:

Go Here: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

C. Are you Using a Case?

Make sure that the back camera is not covered(somewhat) - For note: the microphone part is located between the lens and the flash. So, make sure all is not covered.

D. Update your iPhone:

Use my User Tip: Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tips

E. Elsewise, it is time for a new iSight camera.

May 20, 2022 11:43 PM in response to muhria

muhurat Said:

"Blur spot when I zoom in on iPhone 13 Pro Max camera.: The blurs are not on the screenshot I just took, and I’ve never had the camera replaced."

-------

Where to Get a New iSight Camera:

The price to pay may vary depending on who you go to for service...

A. Contact Apple Support:

If purchased from Apple, or covered under AppleCare, then get this serviced by Apple.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as necessary
  • Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. And that makes sense because with the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

B. Contact an AASP: 

Also, take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the iPhone

Or...

C. Contact A Retailer:

• Contact your local retailer, seeing if they replace these cameras.

May 20, 2022 11:02 PM in response to muhria

muhurat Said:

"Blur spot when I zoom in on iPhone 13 Pro Max camera.: I’m not sure what you mean. I screenshotted this page but there’s no blur… screenshots aren’t the issue, it’s the camera."

-------

About Taking Screenshot:

Start Here: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support. So, take a screenshot of this sitter, and the open the screenshot in the Photos app. See fi the blurs are still there.

Ungenuine Camera:

Did you recently get the cameral replaced? If so, contact the person(s) who performed the replacement, and have them place a genuine camera in there. They should have known better.

See Here: About Genuine iPhone Cameras - Apple Support

May 20, 2022 9:50 PM in response to muhria

muhurat Said:

"Blur spot when I zoom in on iPhone 13 Pro Max camera.: I was trying to take pictures of the sunset when I noticed these blur spots appeared on my camera when I would zoom in. I’ve cleaned the camera lens multiple times, but they did not go away. I’ve also restarted my phone, which did not help either. I’m in desperate need for an answer or I will cry."

-------

Verify these Blurs:

Certainty:

What makes you so certain it is not the colts being seen?

Take a Screenshot:

Zoom into this page, and then take a screenshot of where it is all white. Also, take a screenshot of something close to the clouds. Do you see this issue?

Blur spot when I zoom in on iPhone 13 Pro Max camera.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.