Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you do live markups on a screen recording?

I want to record a demonstration of software (the software is EES, running in Windows 11 on Parallels) for my students. I know I can do the demonstration with the screen recording feature with audio. I would also like to be able to draw on the screen to circle items or point them out...and erase the marks...as the video is being created.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.3

Posted on May 20, 2022 8:27 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 22, 2022 7:05 AM in response to Red Chief

Hi Red Chief,

We see you have a question about how you can Record your screen in QuickTime Player on Mac.

Using the steps below, you can record your pointer or clicks:

In the QuickTime Player app  on your Mac, choose File > New Screen Recording to open Screenshot and display the tools.

Screenshot tools with the Record button on the right and the Options pop-up menu next to it.
You can click Options to control what you record—for example, you can set the location where you want to save your screen recording, or include the pointer or clicks in the screen recording. See Take screenshots or screen recordings.

However, there's not a built-in way to draw on the screen while screen recording. If you'd like, you can always send this suggestion to Apple here: Product Feedback - Apple

Kind regards.

Can you do live markups on a screen recording?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.