Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone 13 Pro Max taking so long to charge?

I have my iPhone 13 Pro Max plugged to a PC with Windows 10. The PC is about 8 years old, I guess. I don't know what kind of USB it uses. It is a USB plug. I have Optimized Battery Charging turned off. I did have it on for a while after I purchased the iPhone about a month or two ago. It takes hours to charge it ... Maybe as long as 4 hours.

Why does it take so long? I turned the Optimized Battery Charging off so it would charge faster. I watch it so that it doesn't keep charging after it reaches 100%.

That was when I was using iOS 15.4, or whatever was before 15.5. I just updated to iOS 15.5. Should that solve my problem?

Posted on May 21, 2022 5:23 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 21, 2022 5:37 AM in response to madirmur59

1. depending on how you charge it, via charger plugged into a wall socket, or via USB connection to a computer, charging time may vary. Make some tests about that.
  2. There's no possibility of overcharging an iPhone's battery. When it reaches 100%, the device automatically stop charging. I use to charge my iPhones since 2008 overnight (everynight), regardless of the charging level of their battery.

Some further useful suggestions:--> When to charge your iPhone or iPad - Apple Community

Regards

Giulio

May 21, 2022 5:31 AM in response to madirmur59

There is nothing wrong with using optimized charging. Depending on the power source, it may take awhile to charge a phone. I plug my phone in at night and have a fully charged phone in the morning. You can’t overcharge a phone so don’t worry when it gets to 100%. My phone can be charging anywhere from 10 to 12 hours a night.

Why is my iPhone 13 Pro Max taking so long to charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.